Sunday, February 27, 2005

 

Oscars

Meh.

I mean, I'm not that good of a judge, considering I've seen two of the best picture nominees, but does anyone really care this year? And there were NO surprises. Even the "upset" wins weren't that much of a surprise, considering Oscar voters previous habits. The screenwriting awards ALWAYS go to the movies that get a lot of nominations, but won't win any of the big ones. That, or the quirky movies that are great, but not mainstream enough to win anyting else. Case in point, Sideways and Eternal Sunshine. I am really happy about "The Incredibles" winning.

I was sad to see Scorsese not win. I'm not surprised, but it would be great for him to get one that wasn't just an honorary award.

Mostly I just learned that I have a lot of movies to rent here in a couple of months.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?