Monday, December 26, 2005

 

So This Is Christmas

So, Christmas was pretty good. It's sorta lost its luster in the last few years. Mostly because I usually know everything I'm getting well before the holiday. I think my favorite gift this year is The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. Reading through it so far has reminded me how much I love that strip. Not only how funny it is, but also the influence it had on my youth. This was a strip that laid out a lot of the frustrations I had as a child. And then as an adult understanding my own issues with art vs. commerce, and seeing those reflected in Watterson's own ideals was pretty awesome. I have unlimited respect for him and how he decided to end the strip. Plus, the vocabulary in that strip is probably the reason I talk so good. Anyway, it's awesome and I'm sure it will give me many an hour of entertainment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?