Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

RUN!

So I'm driving home from work the other day. That's it.


Just kidding. Anyway, I'm on the 134 and I look off to my left, and at a brief glance, it looks like the trees lining the freeway have smoke coming out of them. Are they on fire? No. Has the smog gotten so bad that it's starting to form dark clouds above vegetation? Not likely. Upon a longer look (while totally not getting in a car accident I might add), it seems that these are collections of probably hundreds of bugs, closely formed into what literally does look like a small, black cloud. AAAHHHH!!! What are these bugs doing? What could possible be so great about the trees lining the 134 that all these fucking bugs need to be just chillin' above them?

More importantly, are these bugs actually bugs and not nanotech, learning what a tree is before they move on to mobile, living things? I realize now that this would be a great place to reference Michael Crichton's "Prey," but alas I have not read it.

Emory?

Oh wait, he hates the internet.

Jeff?

Comments:
I haven't read "Prey" either, but according to Paul and Emory, Crichton just took "Jurassic Park" and replaced all mention of "dinosaurs" with "nanotech."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?